Senior’s Brunch at the Barn
Begun during the settlement days in 1908, the Canadian Pacific Demonstration and Supply Farm was once the showplace of western Canadian agriculture. Built to last, the Klaiber granary, referred to by most as the “barn”, is the only original building remaining on site. August 17, 2017, the Western District Historical Society and Bruce Klaiber hosted an event dubbed Senior’s Brunch at the Barn. Catered by the Strathmore Lions Club, 200 participants enjoyed a pancake breakfast and learned of this historic site in Strathmore’s founding.